If you have an electric vehicle, you are going to want to have a residential electric car charging station. This home car charging station needs a correct installation for your safety and the safety and efficiency of your electric vehicle. Peoria AZ area local codes may require permits and inspections for your Peoria residential electric car charging station installation.
Some electric vehicles now have the mileage of 200 miles, and they take longer to charge than the others with typical mileage and charging times. The higher mileage range electric vehicles seldom use all of their charges in a single day. Typically, you are just topping off the battery and not starting from zero. This can save you in charging time and energy.
Consider these facts as you develop your charging habits and evaluate your Peoria residential electric car charging station needs:
- Driving range, habits, and routine
- Peoria Az area commutes
- Availability of charging stations along your commute
- Is adding a car charging station at home going to add an appreciated convenience, meet a need or add real value to your home’s resale value?
The electrician will visit and discuss the following items with you before providing you with an estimate for your Peoria residential electric car charging station:
- Length of charging cable
- The location of the home charging station
- Vehicle parking location
An electrician can run from a little bit to dozens of feet of conduit to accommodate your parking location and desired Peoria residential electric car charging station location. This does add to the installation costs; however, you’ll want the convenience of being able to charge your electric vehicle easily since you’ll most likely charge it each night.
An electrician will install a 240-volt outlet which is perfect for people who drive longer distances, have no time to wait on a charge for an extended period, or have no opportunity to recharge their electric vehicle during the day. A 240-volt outlet will charge faster. Charging times are cut by more than 50% when using a 240-volt outlet residential electric car charging station.
Charging Station Costs
The cost of installation varies depending on several factors:
* The distance of wires and conduit that need to run from breaker box
* Electrician labor rates
* If new or upgraded electrical service is required
* If trenching to install the residential electric car charging station is necessary
Installing a Residential Electric Car Charging Station at your Peoria AZ Home
Electric vehicle charging stations are not everywhere in the Peoria Az area like gas stations, but they continue to grow in number with more locations as electric cars continue to gain in popularity.
It is a wise decision to have an electrician run a dedicated circuit for your Peoria residential electric car charging station. Once you’ve driven home an electric vehicle, it can make your life a lot more convenient to have a residential electric car charging station at home. This will enable you to be able to fully charge an electric vehicle in less than a day which you can’t do with a standard electrical outlet.
Home Car Charging Station Installation
- Install a residential electric car charging station by manufacturer’s specifications
- Electrical system upgrades to add a new dedicated 240-volt circuit.
- Our licensed electrician will install the residential electric car charging station to conform to all National Electrical Code and Peoria Az area local code and permit requirements.
- Provide customer with limitations, maintenance, warranty, feature, and usage information for their residential electric car charging station installation.
If you own an electric vehicle and you’d like the efficiency, convenience and safety of charging your electric vehicle at home, contact us for installation services of a dedicated 240 Volt Level 2 charging station. Our qualified electricians provide professional installation of residential electric car charging stations throughout the Peoria Az area.